In January, two figures sneaked into the book room of a Colorado public school after unlocking the door with a key from the ring the principal had given one of them for access to a supply closet. Continue reading
From She Writes:
Right now, ReadThis is collecting books for the Women’s Academy of Excellence, a public all-women’s high school with a mostly low-income Afro-American and Latina student population. This school needs everything, from Shakespeare to dictionaries. Wouldn’t it be great if besides the Bard and Webster and the books by men other donors will surely be sending, the school library had lots of wonderful books by women?
Find out where to send your donations and learn more about the book collection at SheWrites.com.
The trip to Destin, Florida included the following observations:
1. Speedos are making a comeback. I saw two – which is two more than I saw last time I was in Destin.
2. The Kardashians are influencing at least three teenage girls to wear heavy makeup, big hair, and ridiculous sandals to the beach.
3. Shredded cheese in a bowl is a side dish.
4. Hemingway was – at least once – naked on his fishing boat. I know this because in a Pensacola restaurant called “Hemingway’s,” there is a picture of him standing naked on a fishing boat facing way from the camera. I didn’t know I would ever see Ernest Hemingway’s bare butt.
5. According to an Alabama billboard, “Go to church OR THE DEVIL WILL GET YOU.”
(PS – please ignore the oddly large, green font. It seems to want to do that when I copy and paste.)